Working with a partner you will engage in self directed learning to:
- Design and build LEGO robots
- Program the robots to obey your commands
- Improve the robots and programs through experimentation
- Work towards entering the Robocup Rescue competition
(2019 competition dates to be advised)
Suits gifted students grade 4 and up
Monthly, commencing Sunday 7th April 2019; 9:00am-4:00pm
additional sessions: 5th May, 2nd June, 30th June
Goulburn Street Primary School, Forest Road, West Hobart
Cost: TAG members’ children $35.00 each per day. Non-members $55 each per day. Priority will be given to TAG current financial members.
The facilitator/s and attending TAG members are volunteering their time; your payments will contribute to running costs, the upkeep of the TAG Robotics equipment and use of the venue.
Note: These sessions are being run in Hobart. To register your interest for a Northern or Northwestern robotics group, email email@example.com with the subject line LEGO Robotics North/Northwest
And the fine print:
- Participants will be working in pairs
- A responsible adult must remain as an observer. TAG does not assume duty of care.
- If you have your own laptop with a full Windows operating system, please bring it along (note: the software may not run well on Macs, nor on Netbooks)
- All LEGO components are the property of TAG and must be returned at the end of each session
- If your child wishes to continue working on his/her robot in the following session, they must be registered for it before the completion of the current session
- Session may be cancelled if insufficient enrolments are received
TAG is proudly sponsored by